Overview of Placement Cell.
Karnatak Law Society’s Shri Vasantrao Potdar Polytechnic, Belagavi opened up a placement cell in the year 2006-07. The Cell has been established to help students to start their own enterprise, or get jobs in many Public Sector Units, who come to Polytechnics, to hire Diploma holders of various branches.
Activities under placement cell:
For the overall development of the students guest lectures/workshops/training programs are conducted for the improvement of soft-skills, personality development and communication skills.
Mr. Sudhindra Kulkarni
Mob no – 9449155244
Informed our passed out students about job expo organized in Angadi Institute of Technology & Management, Savgaon Belgaum on 28th and 29th June 2014.Following are the placement activities during the academic year 2014-2015
- Workshop on web development, APTANA tool, php, H.T.M.L tool on 30-09-2014, organized by “Simplified Future Systems Belgaum” and “Computer Science Department”.
- Placement Training program was conducted on Friday 2nd January 2015. Guest speaker was senior software development engineer Mr.shreyas Udupi from Siemens.
- Principal Dr.G.R.Udupi guided the students on 13-01-2015 for placement activities.
- “Udyog Mela” organized on 18-01-2015 at Haliyal Enginnering College. 40 students trained to attend the udyog Mela. 10 students from various branches are selected at “Triya Solutions Company, Bangalore”.
- “Tech Mahindra” I.T. infrastructure management conducted a pool campus drive at Gogte Institute of Technology Belgaum on 15-03-2015. Mr.Shashank Kulkarni from VI semester E & C is selected.
- Pradnya Kadam from VI semester E & C is selected at ‘Infosys Bangalore” as a system Engineer.
- Under the concept of “Earn while you learn” wipro company has organised campus pool at nidasoshi polytechnic on 25-09-2015 and 26-09-2015 and Mr.Shashank Kulkarni is selected from VI semester E & C.
- 90% students of final year are trying to get the admission for B.E.
- Akshay Shivapuji from VI sem Mechanical Engineering is selected at “Ashok Iron works belgaum
- Conducted skill Development Programme for final year students by our Pricipal S.K.Ambekar on 14/09/2017.
- Conducted online test(Wheebox Employabolity skill test) for all final year students on 27/09/2017.
- Conducted career guidance programme (What next after 6th sem “Job or Lateral Entry”)for final year students by our Pricipal Dr.S.K.Ambekar on 15/10/2017
- Mathematics classes have been conducted twice in a week to all the final year students to enhance their basics by Prof. Manjusha Magdum.
- Coducted career orientation programme for final year students by shri. Shrinivas Balaraju on 29/12/2017.
Following staff have looked after the duties of Placement Cell of VPP, as follows:
1) 2016 till date – Mr. Sudhindra Kulkarni, Lecturer in Dept of Mechanical Engg.
2) 2014 to 2015 – Mrs. Madhavi Kulkarni, Lecturer in Dept of Electronics & Commn and
Mr. Mahesh Kulkarni, Instructor, Dept of Computer Science
3) 2012 to 2014 – Mr Aravind Badiger, Asst. Instructor in Dept. of Mechanical Engg.
4) 2010 to 2012 – Ms Sucheta Kulkarni, Lecturer, E & C and
Mr S. H. Bhagavati, HoD, Dept of Mechanical Engg.
5) 2009 to 2010 – Ms Vaishali Kulkarni, Lecturer, Dept. of C. S.
6) 2008 to 2009 – Ms K. S. Bharati, Lecturer, Dept. of E & C
7) 2006 to 2008 – Ms Sharada Kulkarni, Lecturer, Dept. of C.S.