The purpose of education is to prepare students to be productive and caring adults. Technological education, offers Diploma students an avenue to succeed as citizens in a global society in which information is growing at an incredible rate. With this context, we believe that technology is a tool for learning, that expands our instructional repertoire and is the vehicle that maximizes the capacity of all teachers and learners. It is the vision of KLS Vasantrao Potdar Polytechnic, that students be engaged in a stimulating academic environment and a challenging curriculum that is student-centered and focused on inquiry-based learning.
Specifically, we envision that technological education in Polytechnic is available and effectively supported for all students and staff:
- To provide global access to information
- To meet the curricular needs of all learners
- To provide access to the general curriculum
- To refine critical thinking skills and foster creativity
- To provide a medium for expression and communication
- To collect, assess, and share performance information
- To provide skills and proficiencies necessary for the workforce
It is our intention that this vision will remain constant over the course of our plan and that it will guide the day-to-day and year-to-year implementation of technological education across KLS’ Shri Vasantrao Potdar Polytechnic, in Belgaum.
Through technology, teachers and students will access a wealth of materials, services, and networks throughout the state, nation, and world. Technology does not replace the teacher, but rather supports and enhances the educational process.